- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Establish or monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Plan or implement material flow management systems to meet production requirements.
- Train shipping department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding global logistics strategies.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, or performance evaluation.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Negotiate transportation rates or services.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Prepare or file environmental certification applications.
- Negotiate with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan or implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Communicate freight transportation information to customers or suppliers, using transportation management, electronic logistics marketplace, or electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
- Review global, national, or regional transportation or logistics reports for ways to improve efficiency or minimize the environmental impact of logistics activities.
- Conduct or review environmental audits for logistics activities, such as storage, distribution, or transportation.
- Implement or monitor carbon or environmental management, accounting, or audit systems.
- Develop plans or set goals to reduce carbon emissions associated with storage or transport activities.
© 2020 Africa Palm Oil